Add a Waiver Using Advanced Settings
You can add a Waiver to each individual Registration Group type in a campaign from within Advanced Settings. This waiver will be applied at checkout for any supporter who purchases that registration type.
To add a waiver to a specific registration type:
- Go into the Campaign Editor > Tool Settings > Manage Registration > Edit the Registration Group > Show Advanced Settings > Custom Fields, Waivers, and Individual Participants for the registration type you want to add the waiver to.
- From the dropdown menu, select whether to apply your custom fields, waivers, and individual participant information collection settings just to the Registrant or purchaser (once per item type) or to the Individual Participants or ticket holders (to each quantity of this type).
- Scroll down and toggle Would you like to add a waiver? to Yes.
- Select a saved Waiver from the dropdown list or "Create a New Waiver" from the dropdown menu to create one on the spot.
- Once finished, click Publish Registration Group.
- The published version of the waiver entered in the example above will look like this:
- Note: It will require a typed signature, birth date, and for the person filling the waiver area out to confirm they are 18 years old or more.
You can also apply waivers at the item type level to:
- One-Time and Recurring Donation levels
- Registration group types
- Sponsorship item types
- Online Store item types
- and Volunteer position shifts
Add a Waiver Using Order Settings
You can also add a single Waiver to an entire order from within Order Settings. This waiver will display at checkout regardless of the activity within a supporter's transaction.
To add a waiver to an entire order:
- Go to Campaigns > Edit This Campaign > Order Settings > Waiver (Applied to Entire Order) and toggle the option to Yes.
- Once this option is toggled to Yes, you will be able to select your waiver from the drop down menu. This menu pulls up the list of available waivers, which can be set up in the Waivers area of your Campaigns area.
- If you don't see the waiver you want from the drop down list, you can select "Create New Waiver" from the list and set up a new waiver. Saving this waiver will also save it for future use and editing in the Waivers section. (Waivers can't be edited from this area, so be sure to hit SAVE to save your desired changes before navigating away from this page. Then, go to the Waivers section to update your waiver. Any changes made there will automatically be reflected on any areas where the updated waiver is in use.)
- Be sure to hit Save when done!