After you create a Custom Field, Field Title and Input Type cannot be edited. If you would like to make changes to these two fields, we recommend you create a new custom field, then merge the two custom fields to make the necessary edits.
What settings can you edit within Custom Fields?
You can edit the Display Prompt, Multiple Choice options, or Calendar Input settings after you create a Custom Field. You can make these changes within your campaign editor or in the Custom Fields area of your Dashboard. Changes made in either area will automatically update this custom field everywhere it is shown - on all campaigns it was added to, as well as in the main Custom Fields area.
Required or Optional Setting
When you create a new Custom Field, you can set whether it is Required or Optional. The setting you choose when in the Custom Field area of your Dashboard will be the preset setting for the Custom Field. However, this can be edited on a campaign-by-campaign basis within the campaign editor. Changes made to this setting within the Custom Field area will not automatically be applied to all of the associated campaigns.
Make Edits Through the Custom Fields Section
- Click on Custom Fields from your Flipcause Dashboard main menu. Navigate to the question you'd like to change and click Edit.
- Make your necessary changes (Note: you will NOT be able to edit Field Title or Input Type)
- The changes you make will automatically update all of the campaigns. This question is included, and no additional steps are necessary to publish the change.
- Changes made to the Required or Optional setting here will NOT automatically update in all of the campaigns in which this custom field is included. This setting will need to be updated on a campaign-by-campaign basis.
Edit Custom Fields Within the Campaign Editor
- Go to Campaigns > Edit this Campaign (for the desired campaign).
- Within a campaign, Custom Fields can be added to Order Settings or individual Tools from Advanced Settings (read here to learn how to see where in the campaign your custom field is located).
- Go to where the custom field is added to this campaign. Find the custom field you would like to edit, then click Edit.
- Make your necessary changes (Note: you will NOT be able to edit Field Title or Input Type).
- The changes you make will automatically update in all of the campaigns in this custom field is included.
- You can also edit if this custom field is Required or Optional. The setting you choose in the campaign editor will ONLY affect this campaign.