The end-of-year giving season is the biggest giving season of the year with 30% of annual giving happening in December!
No matter what fundraising strategy you have planned for this year, we've got you covered! Whether it's a #GivingTuesday campaign, the big year-end gala event, a direct mail appeal, or all of the above - we want to give you the tools you need to make sure they all go off without a hitch. Continue reading for tips and resources on how to make the most of your year-end giving season.
Start with #GivingTuesday
Giving Tuesday has quickly become one of the biggest giving days of the year and is a great way to kick off your end-of-year giving season. Whether this is your first #GivingTuesday or you're a seasoned veteran, we've put together some resources to help make your day a success.
- Start with a beautiful campaign. Use our sample template to get you started.
- Check out the complete toolkit provided by #GivingTuesday for all of the resources you'll need to have your best Giving Tuesday yet.
- Read our tips for a successful #GivingTuesday to help you get started.
A Great End-of-Year Appeal
Your end-of-year appeal is one of the most important appeals you will make all year. Here are our tips to make sure you're connecting with your donors and inspiring them to donate:
- Write a great appeal. How you make your ask will make a huge difference on whether or not your supporters will donate. Check out our 8 tips for crafting an appealing year-end email appeal.
- Segment your list. For a more effective end-of-year appeal, segment your list and tailor your message to your specific segments.
- Thank your donors. One of the most important components of donor retention is thanking your donors! Make sure you plan how you will thank your donors ahead of time.
- Move your donors online with your direct mailer. You don't have to forgo your traditional direct mailers this year to move your donors online. With just a few minor changes to your direct mail appeal, you can save yourself a lot of time and effort in the future and move more donors online.
A Seamless End-of-Year Event
The end of the year is a great time to host an event and engage with your supporters. We know events can feel stressful, but they don't have to be! The Flipcause LIVE Mobile App and Card Reader are available to help make your life easier on the day of your event.
During your event, you can use the Flipcause LIVE mobile app to:
- Check in attendees
- Check in volunteers
- Collect donations
- Take payments for your auction
- Sell merchandise