WHAT IS INTEGRATION SERVICESIntegration Services is a feature in Flipcause that makes it possible to set up webhook integration between Flipcause’s software and other software platforms. The Flipcause Integration Services team will establish and maintain the connection between our platform and the chosen 3rd-party software. Data is passed between the platforms using webhooks, and you can view the URL that acts as the line of communication between the two platforms by going into the Integration Center area of the dashboard and clicking on Webhook Integration. This connection automatically sends data from Flipcause into other software. We currently connect our system with 3 software Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and MailerLite.
- On Flipcause-managed websites, most Newsletter and Mailing List sign-up forms are Weebly forms.
- If the form wasn’t requested to be made from a Flipcause campaign tool, it most likely is a Weebly form.
- The data from Weebly forms doesn’t pass into Flipcause and won’t pass through the integration.
- If you want, the Weebly form can be replaced by your email marketing platform’s form. The data will go directly into your email marketing platform without needing to pass through the integration!
- Code can be created and provided to the Success Team. You can learn more by checking out the following articles:
- The integration will still be triggered by new transactions, contacts, and merchant account payments and credits.
- Currently, updates to or deletion of transactions do not trigger webhooks. If a transaction is refunded, the refund will trigger webhooks because it is considered a new transaction.
Some other things to know about webhooks:
HOW IT WORKS
- For Flipcause, webhooks are triggered by the creation of new transactions, contacts, and merchant account payments and credits.
- Flipcause uses Make, an Integration Platform as a Service software, or iPaaS software, to set up the integration. Make acts as an intermediary and allows us to map data fields from Flipcause to the other software (i.e. Mailchimp) before passing the information on.
- Data is sent from Flipcause through the integration every 15-20 minutes. The frequency depends on the type of data (activity/transaction, contact, or merchant account)
One thing to note is that the integration will allow data to pass from Flipcause into the other software but doesn’t allow a transfer in the opposite direction. If you want to bring data into Flipcause, you can add contacts to your Activity Tracker and manually enter offline transactions through the Manual Payments tab.
Note: You can now provide permission to access the Webhook Integration section in Dashboard, as seen here:
One of the main benefits of setting up integration via Integration Services is that it’s a time-saver. For instance, if you need to add or update contacts in your Mailchimp account, you’d no longer have to go into the Reporting section of the dashboard to export a report from Flipcause and then import it into Mailchimp. Instead, the connection would automatically send the data to the other software.
BENEFITS OF USING THE SERVICE
If you’re interested in learning more about our Integration Services, you can go to our Help Center or send a message through the dashboard to your Success Team.
INTEGRATION WITH QUICKBOOKS
Your Integration Services Team can help set up integration between Flipcause and QuickBooks that will create documents such as Sales Receipts for donations and other activities. To learn more about QuickBook Integration, you can read this article.
3 ways we can integrate:
INTEGRATION WITH EMAIL MARKETERS
- Only people who are on or who are signing up to be on the mailing list have their information will pass through the integration. They go to the same list and are generally treated exactly the same.
- All Contacts and their information are passed through the integration, and all contacts go to the same audiences/lists/groups and have the same status.
- All Contacts and their information are passed through the integration, but they can be added to different audiences/lists/groups and have different statuses depending on whether they are subscribers or not.
- Things that are affected by integration: status, the group/audience/contact list for supporters, and phone numbers and addresses.
The “Constant Contact Integration” Help Center article provides excellent and more in-depth information on integration with Constant contact, but here is some important information to know:
Integrating with Constant Contact
- It’s possible to add phone numbers and physical addresses to new contacts but not to update them for existing ones.
- If a contact is moved from one contact list to another, they are completely removed from the original list.
- To set up the integration, we need the login credentials for their constant Contact account. We will never log directly into their account, and the password can be changed once the integration is successfully set up.
Refer to the following resources for more information:
Constant Contact - Status
Constant Contact - Contact List
Constant Contact - Contact Information & Login Credentials
Integrating with Mailchimp
- It’s possible to add phone numbers and physical addresses to new contacts and to update them for existing ones.
- If a contact is moved from one audience to another, they will now be on two audiences. For example, suppose Jane Smith is on the Donor audience, and all existing contacts that pass through the integration are sent to the Flipcause audience. In that case, Jane Smith will now be on the Flipcause audience and the Donor audience. However, the contact’s activity and rating will not be moved to the new audience. Please see this article for more information.
- Contacts can be tagged based on mailing list status (subscriber vs nonsubscriber). It’s also possible to add a tag based on a supporter’s type of activity, whether they donate, volunteer, or attend events. Or if they participate in a particular campaign like a membership campaign.
- To set up the integration, we need the login credentials for the MailChimp account. We will never log directly into their account, and the password can be changed once the integration is successfully set up.
Mailchimp - Status
Mailchimp - Audiences
Mailchimp - Contact Information and Login Credentials
Mailchimp - Tags
Integrating with MailerLite
- It’s possible to add phone numbers and physical addresses to new contacts and update them for existing ones. However, the street address field is not a default field and must be added before integration.
- Nonsubscribers can’t be added as new contacts. The only way MailerLite allows for nonsubscribers to exist in the platform is if they were originally subscribers and become nonsubscribers.
- We need the API key for the MailerLite account to set up the integration. We will never log directly into their account, and the password can be changed once the integration is successfully set up.
Mailerlite - Status
MailerLite - Groups
MailerLite - Contact Information & API Key
Adding Address and Phone Number fields to Mailchimp audiences
Adding Street Address field in MailerLite
TYPES OF INTEGRATIONFor email marketing software like MailChimp, Constant Contact, and MailerLite, we can add and update contacts in 3 different ways:
For Mailchimp, we can also add tags and group information as needed.