STEP 1: ENTER THE PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Enter the amount you'd like to charge into the Payment Amount.
- Choose One-Time from the Payment Frequency button options.
- Note: It's not possible to add a recurring cash payment. If you select a monthly, quarterly, or annually as the frequency, you'll be required to process this as a credit card payment.
- Choose a Payment Profile from the dropdown under Select Payment Profile. Payment Profiles are pre-set profiles that indicate the sales tax, payment title and description, and custom receipt message for the transaction. (See Payment Profile for more information)
- Note: You can customize a payment profile on-the-fly at the time of a single transaction without saving the changes to the profile.
STEP 2: CHARGE THE PAYMENT
Tap the green CHARGE button to proceed to the Supporter Information screen.
STEP 3: COLLECT SUPPORTER INFORMATION
If your supporter wants a receipt for their records, enter their contact information, then tap the Continue button.
You can also opt to leave these fields blank. If you do this, a receipt won't be sent, and the payment record will not be attributed to a specific contact. There is also no way for this payment to be traced back to your supporters from your Flipcause Dashboard.
Note: You can leave the fields blank only if the Information Collection Setting is set as Optional in the Payment Profile. This is the default setting when you choose Standard.
STEP 4: PAYMENT OPTIONS - CHECK
Tap the CHECK button under Payment Type to proceed with manually entering the credit card information.
STEP 5: RECORD CHECK PAYMENT NUMBER
Enter the check amount and check number, then click Finish.
STEP 6: CONFIRMATION PAGE
All done! If you entered contact information for the transaction in Step 3, you will see confirmation that a receipt was sent to the supporter via email.
If you entered Contact Information in Step 3, the confirmation message will contain your supporter's email address:
If you did not enter Contact Information in Step 3, you will only see a confirmation message:
Tap the BACK TO HOMEPAGE button or the X located in the right-hand corner. This action will take you back to the Home page, where you can begin a new transaction or check-in process.
Your check payment will appear with the following Charge Details:
- Transaction Source: Manual Payment - Offline (App)
- Payment Method: Check
- Trace Number: [Optional check number entered]