STEP 1: Plug the Flipcause Mobile Card Reader into the audio (headphone) jack of your device.
When you first connect the reader to your phone, you'll get a pop-up notification asking you to grant Flipcause access to your microphone. You'll need to hit "Yes" for it the app to be able to connect with the card reader. (It will also give you a pop-up notification if your card reader becomes disconnected).
- Make sure your reader is charged. A full charge may take up to 2 hours, depending on the initial charge level. Approximately 100 transactions for every full charge.
- Make sure you have a strong internet connection.
- Make sure the volume on the device is at the maximum level.
- The Flipcause Mobile Card Reader is the only card reader that will work with the Flipcause LIVE app to process payments.
- For mobile devices that don't have a built-in audio jack (iPhone 7/8/X or new iPad/Pro tablets, for example) you’ll need a Headphone Jack Adapter. For Apple devices, you can buy the adapter here (we recommend using Apple certified adapters for best functionality).
STEP 2: Check that the status indicates "Card Reader Connected".
The black strip on the app (right below the Flipcause LIVE logo) confirms whether the card reader is connected and ready.
Once the reader is charged, connected, and confirms it's ready, you are ready to process credit cards using your reader!
To attach the strap:
- Find the strap loops at the bottom of the Flipcause Mobile Card Reader by the headphone jack on the right side.
- Feed the strap loop through the slot, then feed the wrist portion through the loop and pull snug.
Note: you can use this form to order your Flipcause Mobile Card Reader.