STEP 1: Start new profile
Access Payment Profiles by selecting it from the side menu settings. Tap the (hamburger menu) at the top left corner to reveal the side menu, and tap Payment Profiles to access.
Tap the Create Payment Profile button to begin.
STEP 2: Configure Payment Profile
- Enter the Title and Description you'd like to set for this particular Payment Profile. It's a good idea to use the same title as the campaign for which these payments will be applied, and add more details in the description as to what kinds of payments this profile is for.
- Select the Campaign Association. When you process payments through the app and use the Payment Profile, the Campaign Association within the Payment Profile is how the app knows what campaign to log this transaction under.
- Set Item Market Value which is equivalent to Fair Market Value. (This will be used to set the Tax-deductible Amount on the receipt.)
- Enter Sales Tax, if applicable.
- Add a Receipt Custom Message that will be included in your Supporter's receipt.
- Set Information Collection as Required or Optional.
- Setting the toggle to Required will require all supporters to enter their email, first name, and last name to finish their transaction.
- Setting the toggle to Optional will give supporters the option to Skip entering their email, first and last name.
NOTE: If supporters SKIP entering their information, their transaction's email, first and last name be BLANK.
STEP 3: Save the profile
Tap Save This Profile and your profile will be saved for future payments. You'll receive a notification to confirm the profile saved successfully.
When processing a payment, you can select any specific Payment Profile you've saved and use it towards a donation/payment. This will automatically apply the sales tax and receipt custom message settings, as well as campaign associated with the payment.
(Note: You can customize a payment profile on-the-fly at the time of a single transaction without saving the changes to the profile.)