STEP 1: ENTER THE PAYMENT INFORMATION
- Enter the amount you'd like to charge into Payment Amount.
- Choose a Payment Frequency from the button options.
- Choose a Payment Profile from the dropdown under Select Payment Profile. Payment Profiles are pre-set profiles that indicate the sales tax, payment title and description, and custom receipt message for the transaction. (See Payment Profiles for more information) (Note: You can customize a payment profile on-the-fly at the time of a single transaction without saving the changes to the profile.)
STEP 2: CHARGE THE PAYMENT
Tap the green CHARGE button to proceed to the Supporter Information screen.
STEP 3: COLLECT SUPPORTER INFORMATION
If your supporter wants a receipt for their records, enter their contact information, then tap the Continue button.
You can also opt to leave these fields blank. If you do this, a receipt won't be sent, and the payment record will not be attributed to a specific contact. There is also no way for this payment to be traced back to your supporters from your Flipcause Dashboard.
Note: You can leave the fields blank only if the "Information Collection Setting" is set as Optional in the Payment Profile. This is the default setting when you choose Standard.
STEP 4: PAYMENT OPTIONS - SELECT CREDIT - ENTER
Tap the CARD - ENTER MANUALLY button under Payment Type to proceed with manually entering the credit card information.
STEP 5: ENTER CARD INFORMATION
Enter the credit/debit card information: number, expiration date, and security code. Then tap the Continue button.
STEP 6: CARD VALIDATION
Your screen will read “Validating Card” while the card is being validated. (Note: During this step, the card number is validated, but the transaction is NOT charged.)
Once the transaction is validated, you are taken to the Signature Page.
STEP 7: SIGNATURE PAGE
1. Once the card is validated, you are taken to the Signature Page. The Signature Page displays the total amount to be charged, including the processing fee and any sales taxes you are collecting.
2. Hand the device to your supporter to sign the page using the touchpad interface, and turn the phone into horizontal mode. Here, your supporter can choose whether or not to cover the processing fee for the transaction. (See here to learn more about mobile app processing fees.)
3. After signing, tap the Finish & Pay button. (This is when the card is charged). You're then directed to the Information Collection page.
STEP 8: CONFIRMATION PAGE
All done! If you entered contact information for the transaction, you will see confirmation that a receipt was sent to the supporter via email.
If you entered Contact Information in Step 3, the confirmation message would contain your supporter's email address:
If you did not enter Contact Information in Step 3, you will only see a confirmation message:
Tap the BACK TO HOMEPAGE button or the X located in the right-hand corner. This action will take you back to the Home page, where you can begin a new transaction or check-in process.