WHAT'S IN STORE FOR YOU
As part of this service, our Integration Services Team will be creating and maintaining the connection between the two platforms using integration (iPaaS) software.
Through this integration, we'll be creating an automatic connection between Flipcause and MailerLite, removing the need to manually export data from our system and import it to MailerLite. You would also no longer need to import mailing list reports into your email marketing software to create new contacts or update existing ones since all of these will be automatically done!
- On Flipcause-managed websites, most Newsletter and Mailing List sign-up forms are Weebly forms.
- If the form wasn’t requested to be made from a Flipcause campaign tool, it most likely is a Weebly form.
- The data from Weebly forms doesn’t pass into Flipcause and won’t pass through the integration.
- If you want, the Weebly form can be replaced by your email marketing platform’s form. The data will go directly into your email marketing platform without needing to pass through the integration!
- Code can be created and provided to the Success Team. You can learn more by checking out this article.
- The integration will still be triggered by new transactions, contacts, and merchant account payments and credits.
- Currently, updates to or deletion of transactions do not trigger webhooks. If a transaction is refunded, the refund will trigger webhooks because it is considered a new transaction.
THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT WEBHOOKS
- For Flipcause, webhooks are triggered by the creation of new transactions, contacts, and merchant account payments and credits.
- Flipcause uses Make, an Integration Platform as a Service software, or iPaaS software, to set up the integration. Make acts as an intermediary and allows us to map data fields from Flipcause to the other software (i.e. Mailchimp) before passing the information on.
- Data is sent from Flipcause through the integration every 15-20 minutes. The frequency depends on the type of data (activity/transaction, contact, or merchant account).
- Only data from transactions processed and contacts created after the integration was set up will pass through the integration. Any data that was in your Flipcause dashboard before the integration was set up will need to be added manually to the third-party software.
- The integration will allow data to pass from Flipcause into the other software but doesn’t allow a transfer in the opposite direction. If you want to bring data into Flipcause, you can add contacts to your Activity Tracker and manually enter offline transactions through the Manual Payments tab.
HOW IT WORKS
There are 3 ways to set up integration between Flipcause and MailerLite:
Mailing List Contacts
- These are contacts that are already in MailerLite as subscribers or are signing up for your mailing list on a Flipcause tool.
- Existing contacts will keep their current type (status).
- You’re able to choose if new contacts will have a type (status) of active or unconfirmed.
- You’re able to choose if new and existing contacts go in the same group or different ones.
- Contacts are treated the same.
- Existing MailerLite contacts keep their type (status).
- The type (status) for new MailerLite contacts is chosen (active or unconfirmed).
- Existing Active subscribers and Unsubscribed contacts remain in their current group.
- You can choose the group for both new subscribers and existing Unconfirmed contacts.
- The treatment of contacts is based on whether they’re on the mailing list or not,
- Existing MailerLite contacts (both subscribers and non-subscribers) keep their type (status).
- The type (status) for new MailerLite subscribers is chosen (active or unconfirmed).
- Existing Unsubscribed contacts remain in their current group,
- You can choose the group for all other contacts.
Interested in setting up integration between Flipcause and MailerLite? Follow the steps below:
- Create an account with MailerLite. If you already have one, that’s great!
- Fill out the Integration Services Questionnaire - Email Marketers.
- Receive an email from the Integration Services Team that we’ve received your request. If any additional information is needed, we’ll let you know.
- Receive another email that the integration has been successfully created and turned on.
- Happily know that contact information from new contacts and transactions in your Flicpause account is automatically flowing into your MailerLite account!
If there were any contacts in your Flipcause account before the integration was set up, you could add them to MailerLite by following the steps in this article.
DELETING TEST CONTACTS
Once everything has been set up, our team will delete the test contacts from the Flipcause Activity Tracker on your behalf. You should receive an email letting you know that they have been deleted from Flipcause.
You can also check out this article by MailerLite if you want to learn more about deleting or archiving those contacts from your email marketing program. If you have any questions, let us know!
- Nonsubscribers can’t be added as new contacts. The only way MailerLite allows for nonsubscribers to exist in the platform is if they were originally subscribers and became nonsubscribers later on.
- Contact information (phone numbers and physical addresses) are custom fields in MailerLite and can be added for new contacts or updated for existing contacts. While the street address portion of a physical address is not a native custom field, it can still be added. Here's a video on how to do it.
- All groups must exist before we can use them for integration purposes.
- To set up the integration, we'll need your MailerLite API key. Here's where you can find the key and documentation.
- If a group chosen is different from the one the contact is already on, they will be in 2 groups (For example, if Jane Smith is on the Donor group, and all existing contact that passes through the integration are sent to the Flipcause group then Jane Smith will now be on two groups Donor and Flipcause).
- Data is sent from Flipcause through the integration every 15-20 minutes. The frequency depends on the type of data (activity/transaction, contact, merchant account)