Your supporters have the option to sign up for your mailing list on every single transaction or signup they do on your Flipcause account (and the opt-in box is pre-checked).
Using contact reporting, you can pull a report specifically of everyone who opted-in to your mailing list through Flipcause, which you can export into a .csv file for import into Mailchimp, Constant Contact, Emma, or other email marketing tool you use to reach out to your supporters.
Since email signups to your Flipcause account won't magically appear in your email program, we recommend setting up a regular import and export schedule to keep your mailing list up to date, such as once a month. But feel free to adopt whatever cadence works for you!
And if this will be a report you regularly pull, first we recommend
Setting up your email list export profile
- Go to Reports > Export Profiles
- Click on Add New Export Profile
- Create a title, such as "Mailing List Export" and Select Report Type = Contact
- Select the fields you need in this report. You will likely only need a couple of fields which are all under the category "Personal Information"
- First Name
- Last Name
- Click Save Changes and this will be saved to your Export Profiles, and available for pulling your reports.
Exporting your email list
- Go to Reports > Contact Reporting
- Choose Report Type = Contact Records (report type must match export profile report type!)
- Add the following filters:
- Filter 1:
- Filter = Contact Type
- Parameter = Is
- Value = Individual
- Filter 2:
- Filter = Joined Mailing List?
- Parameter = Is
- Value = Yes
- **Optional: If you would like to filter by the date the supporter opted into your mailing list add this filter:
- Filter = Mailing List Joined Date
- Parameter = Is before
- Value = Date
- (Parameter & Value can be altered to meet your needs)
- Filter 1:
- Click Generate Report
- Click Custom Report and Choose Export Profile = Mailing List Export (or click the specific fields you need below).
- Scroll to the bottom and click "Send me the report via email (CSV format)" and enter the email you'd like it sent to
- Enter your email address, then click Get Report
- After a few minutes, you'll receive an email with a link to download your CSV file.
Importing your list into your email marketing service
You can import this .csv file into your mailing program. They check for duplicates for you, so you don't have to filter out people who are already on your list. Check with the help center or support of the email marketing tool you use for exact instructions.
- For Mailchimp, see here - http://kb.mailchimp.com/lists/growth/import-subscribers-to-a-list
- For Constant Contact, see here - https://knowledgebase.constantcontact.com/articles/KnowledgeBase/5296-import-or-upload-a-file-of-contact-email-addresses
- For Emma, see here - https://support.e2ma.net/Resource_Center/Account_how-to/importing-audience-members