1. Go to Manual Payment > Quick Payment.
2. Click the button: Use the Flipcause Payment Gateway to process this payment.
3. Enter Payment Information: Enter your payment/donation amount and frequency. Here, you can also decide whether the supporter will cover the processing fee and if the initial recurring payment will take place immediately or on a date in the future.
Note: The standard processing fee for Manual Payments is 3.5% flat, which includes the credit card fee for all major brands and international cards. Manual Payments are not included in the Guaranteed Effective Rate.
4a. Proceed To Checkout: After you've entered the payment information, click "Add More Information". Next, you can click "Proceed to Checkout" at the bottom of the form. If you do not enter any additional details, the transaction will initially be processed with the following information:
- Anonymous Name and Email
- No Campaign Association
- Not Tax Deductible
- Default Receipt Message
Please Note: After completing the transaction, you will still have the option to add more information to the transaction record as well as send a receipt. The following fields may be added:
- Email Address
- Tax Deductible Percentage
4b. Add More Information (Optional): If you'd like to add more information to the transaction record and receipt, click the "Add More Information" button after entering your payment information. All of the fields in this section are optional.
The information that you may add in this section includes:
- Contact Record Assignment
- Click Add Contact Assignment to look up contacts in your database.
- A popup window will open where you can search by Name or Business/Organization. Enter this information and hit Search, then locate the desired Contact Profile in the results and click Select.
- Note: These steps will associate a payment with an existing Contact ID. Alternatively, you can also manually add payments from within contact profiles.
- Campaign Information & Peer-to-Peer Referrals
- Use the dropdown menus to select a campaign association. For Peer-to-Peer campaigns, you can also use the Referred by dropdown list to associate the contribution with an individual fundraiser.
- Campaign Association
- Peer-to-Peer referrals
- Personal Information
- Tribute Donations
- Custom Fields
- Payment Title & Description (Giving Levels)
- Tax Percentages
- Discounts (by Percentage or Dollar Amount)
- Custom Receipt Message
- Tax Deductible Disclaimer and Settings
Advanced Receipt Settings: If you'd like to change the default information to be displayed on your receipts, click the Show Advanced Receipt Settings link under Additional Information > Receipt Info. Here, you can change the logo, organization name, address, and phone number that will be displayed on your receipt. You can also change the Payment descriptor in this section (to read "Donation", "Sponsorship", etc).
5. Checkout: Review your transaction details and enter credit or debit card information, then click the Finish button.
6. Confirm Record and Send Receipt (Optional): As mentioned above, you can change or add information to your payment after the transaction has been completed. The confirmation screen will display the name, email, and tax deductible status of your transaction. If you have not added Additional Information, these fields will display as "Anonymous" and "Not tax deductible". Make any necessary changes to these fields, and then decide whether or not you'd like to send a receipt to your supporter. Click Confirm and Finish to send the receipt and add the fields to your reporting.
7. Reporting Details: Payments are recorded in your reports with the Transaction Source listed as "Manual Payment - Flipcause Gateway". All payment transaction totals (Net Received) are added to your Available Flipcause Account Balance.