Plant seeds in the springtime for better fall fundraising.
Are you looking for new ways to build support for your cause? Or wondering how to grow your donor list for year-end fundraising?
Plan a springtime event to engage your community.
Events are a great way to:
- Give thanks to your donors and volunteers.
- Build awareness for your work.
- Grow your list of potential donors by inviting friends & family.
- Have fun while raising money for your cause.
Hosting an event in the spring will inspire engagement (and donations) in the fall. Events give you the chance to meet your supporters in person and build strong relationships. Remember: donors don't think about giving as a financial transaction. They're looking to create a human connection—and events give you the opportunity to do just that.
Some organizations host an annual fundraiser, like a Golf Tournament or 5K Fun Run. But your event doesn't have to be a big production! A simple get-together with your supporters can be a meaningful part of your engagement strategy. Whatever type of event you decide to host, you'll have the chance to cultivate personal connections to your cause.
Run a successful event with Flipcause.
Whether you're already planning to run a major annual event or planning a casual get-together for your supporters, you can use Flipcause as your event hub.
Creating a Flipcause campaign gives you the ability to register participants, collect donations, and more—right from your campaign page or website.
With a Registration campaign, you can:
- Offer both free and paid registration.
- Set the FMV for tax purposes.
- Set multiple price points or tiers.
- Offer early bird tickets and set a registration deadline.
- Add promo codes, collect custom information, and include waivers.
- Create seating assignments and seating charts with self-selection or auto-assignment.
- Set up sponsorship options alongside tickets.
- ...and more!
Check out these example campaigns for inspiration:
Manage a great event from start to finish.
Planning your event:
- Reach out to potential corporate partners in your community who can offer sponsorship or donated items.
- Send invitations early. Make sure to invite: board members, volunteers, donors in your area, partner organizations, and friends and family. Consider setting a deadline for RSVPs so you can plan to accommodate everyone.
- Secure space for the event.
- Create impactful campaign messaging to showcase how supporters are making a difference.
- Set a goal and measure success.
- Recruit volunteers to help you set up and run your event. With Flipcause, you can easily add volunteer shifts directly to your event campaign.
- Remember: small details will end up taking up more time than you expect. Give yourself enough time to get things done. Then, on the day of the event, be prepared to have a good time even if everything doesn't go exactly as planned.
- For a step-by-step guide, check out our post on 10 Steps to an Amazing Fundraising Event.
- Send a reminder to event attendees the day before the event. You can do this by sending an update within your Flipcause campaign.
- Think about how you'll handle check-in and manage attendees the day of the event. With the Flipcause LIVE Mobile App, you can check-in event attendees and volunteers right from your mobile phone.
- Learn more about managing attendees: Event Headaches No More: Run Events Like a Pro.
Following up after your event:
- Remember to thank your attendees (just like you would thank your donors).
- Keep in touch by sharing updates on your blog and stories from your community.
- Build your event attendees into your communications strategy and be prepared to ask them to give again when you run your next fundraiser.
As always, your Success Team is here for you every step of the way! Get support by sending us an email.