You can now give your recurring supporters the option to edit their payment amount right from their confirmation email. This feature empowers supporters to change the amount they contribute to your organization without having to cancel their existing donation or contact you directly. For example, if a supporter wants to increase their monthly donation from $100 to $150, they can follow the link from their automated confirmation email and update their donation amount. No need to create a new recurring donation and cancel the old one or take up staff time to make the changes!
To allow recurring supporters to edit their payment amount:
- You can do this for any campaign that has the Donations/Payments tool active.
- Navigate to Campaigns > Edit This Campaign (choose a campaign) > Tool Settings > Manage Settings (Donation/Payment) > Donation/Payment Settings.
- From here, scroll until you see the section for Recurring Payments Options. Toggle Allow supporter to change the payment amount and the end date/number of payments? to "Yes".
Note: We recommend allowing your supporters to edit recurring donations but not fixed payments such as tuitions or invoices.
Make sure to hit Save when you're finished!
To allow a specific recurring supporter to edit their payment amount:
- Navigate to Dashboard > Recurring Payments > enter the recurring supporter's name in the search box > Edit.
- From here, scroll down to the Edit Recurring Payment Amount section. Toggle Allow Supporters to edit the recurring payment amount? to "Yes".
- Make sure to hit Save Changes once done!
You're good to go! If you need any assistance, don't hesitate to contact your Success Team!