From best practices to hands-on support, here at Flipcause, we've got you covered!
Here are our tips to make sure you're connecting with your donors and inspiring them to donate:
Crafting Your Year-End Appeal Campaign
Your fundraiser landing page is the center of your campaign. Regardless of what marketing, communication, or announcement channels you use, everything should point to a dedicated landing page for your campaign, where your supporters will take action.
Setting Your Goal
- Your fundraising goal should be ambitious yet attainable.
- Here are some tips on how to set the right fundraising goal for your appeal.
- Display your goal and your progress meter on your campaign to help drive urgency and motivation.
Telling Your Story
- How you make your ask impacts whether or not your supporters will donate.
- Use the “About” section on your Flipcause campaign to share your story and main appeal. Videos and imagery make a huge difference—they can increase donations by 50%. You can add videos or images in line with your campaign story to your landing page as well.
Defining Your Call-to-Action (CTA)
- For best results, write your call-to-action simply, directly, and add an element of urgency.
- Customize the text on your call-to-action buttons on your campaign in the Tool Settings.
Reference our campaign pre-launch checklist for any other details.
PUBLISHING AND SHARING YOUR YEAR-END APPEAL CAMPAIGN
Ready to launch? The next step is making your campaign public by sharing the campaign landing page, adding it to your website, and announcing it to your community:
- Just like any main fundraising push, the campaign should be easy to find on your website.
- We recommend adding a link directly to the campaign landing page from your website's main navigation menu. You can also add it as a floating button or make a mention of it within the content of your website's homepage.
- Here are all the ways you can integrate a campaign into your website.
- How you set up your email newsletter will also make an impact on your fundraising success. You can find all our tips on that subject here.
- You can export your contacts in Flipcause and add them to your mailing list program.
- You can also use Flipcause reporting to help segment your audiences, such as running major donor or LYBUNT/SYBUNT reports.
- You can use direct mail as part of your online fundraising. Read more here about how to include this channel in your outreach strategy.
- If you've been maintaining your Groups in the Flipcause Activity Tracker, you can use Group Reporting to pull your list of who to mail to. This helps you avoid sending multiple individual pieces of mail to multiple contacts who live together.
- Here are tips for social media posts. We recommend crafting the messages and scheduling them in advance.
- Customize your campaign's social media settings to better dictate the stock description that displays when supporters share your campaign.
REVIEWING YOUR OUTCOMES
Once your campaign has ended, it's time to reflect on your accomplishments, evaluate your success, and especially, thank your donors.
After all your hard work, don't forget to celebrate everything you and your team have accomplished this year!
You can read our full Year-End Appeals Guide, with examples and inspiration, here.
If you'd like help or support this holiday season for anything at Flipcause, whether it be setting up your campaign, integrating it on your website, or getting the right reports, reach out to your Success Team and use our Concierge Services—we're here for you!